Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Chicago PD Review! Part 2

As promised, here is my follow up review on the new show Chicago PD. I still find it very exciting and pretty cool. It isn't SUPER different from other cop shows, but it does have its own identity. However, one thing I find a little... strange... is that they keep secrets from the viewers. I'll elaborate. For example: In the last episode (which was the 3rd episode) they talk about a boy named Justin. Well we have no idea who Justin is until the end of the episode when they tell us hes the sergeants son. I don't get why that wasn't something they could have said when they mentioned him. I don't like feeling like I have no idea what's going on! It's just stupid. They also have one of the cops go home to see his parents and his mom sends him on his way with birthday cake and his dad gets upset and leaves the room. Crazy? Um yes, since we have no idea what's going on! So the cop takes his cake and eats it leaning on his car in front of someones house. A man and his son come out yelling at him after they call the cops, but the cop isn't going to arrest another cop, so he just goes to leave. The cop (Halstead? I think his name is) yells at the father and tells him he has a sick son and blah blah. I guess that boy killed his sister? I have no idea. All they had said at the parents house was something about "It was 7 years ago today". So I ASSUME his sister was killed by that weird dude. But again, since they wanna keep it secret from us, I HAVE NO IDEA! Honestly it's really frustrating. That's why in the first review, I had nothing to say! Because they gave us NOTHING. They finally showed Sophia Bush's character (Erin Lindsay's) background. They showed her rap sheet that showed she had shoplifted, etc. Why was that a secret? I just don't understand their reasoning for taping a show this way. I mean hello! Who wants to feel confused and in the dark about a show they're trying to get into? I don't really know that I would recommend this show. I will more than likely end up doing a part 3 after a few more episodes, but I don't think I really care for it much.

*If you're still interested in checking it out, you can catch new episodes on NBC Wednesdays at 10/9c.

No comments:

Post a Comment